Supporting SMS » Supporting SMS Home

Supporting SMS Home

Our success at St. Monica is due to the efforts of our extraordinary teachers and your profound support of our community and our core values: Faith, Involvement, Integrity & Respect. We are grateful for the commitment you make through volunteerism and financial contributions. There are a variety of opportunities to get involved; it is easy to find activities or events that suit your interests, talents and schedule. The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) and Dads’ Club play key roles – organizing volunteers, hosting social events and raising funds for the school.
 
St. Monica Catholic School is subsidized by the parish and sustained by a permanent endowment as well as generous private donations and our parents’ organizations - we're consistently able to provide state-of-the-art resources and innovative programs that contribute to the learning environment. Your financial support & involvement is critical to our success – both today and for our future growth. Ways in which you can sustain St. Monica include:
 
Endowment Trust – The St. Monica School Endowment Trust is a separately organized 501 (c) 3 non-profit entity. The purpose is to attain and grow funds over the years to ensure the financial health of St. Monica School.
Currently we offer four scholarships through the trust:
  • The Michelle A. Mendez Scholarship
  • Dave Gross Scholarship
  • Patricia C. Dulac Scholarship
  • Father Brindley J. Mills Scholarship
GAP Drive The mission of St. Monica Catholic School is to educate children through a caring partnership of Church, school and home. Tuition and fees only cover 85% of our expenses leaving a 15% gap. The Tuition GAP Campaign bridges the difference between tuition and the actual cost to educate a child.

Dads’ Club Gala & Auction - The largest parent fundraiser for the school. This annual spring event features hundreds of auction items and thrilling games of chance!

Autumnfest St. Monica’s annual fall community carnival of fun, family, and fellowship that benefits SMS. This is brought to you by our PTO.

SCRIP – This program raises funds for the School through the sale of gift cards for local merchants. A percentage of each card purchased is given to the school and the profit generated is credited to the purchasing families SCRIP account. This program was adopted in an effort to keep tuition rates low and affordable for our school families.

Bonus (Optional) Programs – Other ancillary programs that SMS can benefit from (more information is available on the Bonus Programs Page to the right).
  • Tom Thumb Good Neighbors Program- 1% of your members' total grocery purchases will be given to SMS. Link your reward card to SMS # 3802
  • Target Red Card - 1% of your REDcard purchases at Target will be given to SMS. School ID #16200
  • Albertsons – Community Partners -1% back to St. Monica School if you have a key fob with our School ID - #49000110232
  • Box Tops for Education – box tops can be found on many participating products throughout the grocery and office supply stores. Each one turned in gives St. Jude’s Women’s Circle 10 cents to help support SMS. There are collection baskets in McManus School office.