Mission / Philisophy & Facts at a Glance
To develop a lifelong passion for learning and foster in each child their fullest spiritual, intellectual, physical and social growth within the teachings of the Catholic Church.
The philosophy of St. Monica Catholic School is based upon a call to attend to the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, social, and physical needs of our students.
We seek to provide an educational program that challenges and nurtures each child's distinctive abilities.
We believe that the success of each child is enhanced by the collaboration of parents, faculty and staff working in a positive and trusting framework.
Facts at a Glance
- The School: St. Monica is a ministry of St. Monica parish. It is a co-educational Blue Ribbon School accredited by the Texas Education Association and the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department.
- Grades: PK4 to 8th Grade (including both Developmental Kindergarten and Kindergarten).
- Enrollment: 854 (90% Catholic)
- Faculty / Student Ratio: 1:11
- Mascot: Bearcats
Average Class Size:
- Preschool: 18 (with a teacher and an aide in each classroom)
- Developmental Kindergarten: 18 (with an aide)
- Kindergarten: 18 (with one aide for the grade)
- First Grade: 20 (with an aide for the grade)
- Second - Eighth Grade: 22
- Middle School Math Classes: 18
Classes Per Grade:
- Preschool Fours- 2 classes
- Developmental Kindergarten - 1 class
- Kindergarten - 8th grade - 4 classes per grade
- Middle School Math & Language Arts: 5 classes per grade