The mission of St. Monica Catholic School is the development of the whole child by fostering the love of God, respect for self and others, and belief in gospel values, according to Roman Catholic principles, in an atmosphere of academic excellence.
It is the mission of our school to encourage self-confidence and school pride in a culturally diverse community, through a caring and disciplined partnership of Church, school and home.
It is the mission of our school to graduate students who are knowledgeable in the Catholic faith, academically prepared to continue their education, and ready to be the future of our Church, community and country.
The philosophy of St. Monica Catholic School is based upon a call to attend to the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, social, and physical needs of our students.
We seek to provide an educational program that challenges and nurtures each child's distinctive abilities.
We believe that the success of each child is enhanced by the collaboration of parents, faculty and staff working in a positive and trusting framework.
Facts at a Glance
- The School: St. Monica is a ministry of St. Monica parish. It is a co-educational Blue Ribbon School accredited by the Texas Education Association and the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department.
- Grades: PK3 to 8th Grade (including both Developmental Kindergarten and Kindergarten).
- Enrollment: 854 (90% Catholic)
- Faculty / Student Ratio: 1:11
- Mascot: Bearcats
Average Class Size:
- Preschool: 18 (with a teacher and an aide in each classroom)
- Developmental Kindergarten: 18 (with an aide)
- Kindergarten: 18 (with two aides for the grade)
- First Grade: 20 (with an aide for the grade)
- Second - Eighth Grade: 22
- Middle School Math Classes: 18
Classes Per Grade:
- Preschool Threes - 1 class
- Preschool Fours- 2 classes
- Developmental Kindergarten - 1 class
- Kindergarten - 8th grade - 4 classes per grade
- Middle School Math & Language Arts: 5 classes per grade